Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kayak Surf Series 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paulb

Kayak Surf Series 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Kayak Surf Series 2009   Kayak Surf Series 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:53 pm

Hi

I recieved this email today and thought I'd post it in case anyone is interested.

Paul B

Happy New Year Smile Surf's Up!!

I hope you all had a great Christmas break and managed to find some good paddling. The surf here in the NE has been shaping up pretty well with some quality offshore days, glassy 4-6ft. Very tasty! Kayak Surfing has undergone massive evolution over the past few years and is one of the fastest growing and most progressive disciplines of paddlesport. This year sees the launch of a brand new Kayak Surf event and looks set to be one of he biggest in the UK this year. The concept is simple, there will be 3 qualifiers along the NE coast. Competitor's best two placements will combine and the top 24 men, 8 juniors and 4 (maybe 8 depending on numbers) women will progress to the final event. Entry for each event is £10 (£7.00 for students and juniors!) and will ALL go into a prize pot for the finals. As well as a cash prize in the finals, there are a number of sponsors supporting the event with equipment and clothing.

The main aim of this event is to promote and help develop the sport of kayak surfing on the East Coast. I'd really encourage anyone at any level, competitive or not to come along and take part. It's a great opportunity to get out and have fun in the surf as well as check out the latest developments in the sport.

Details of the events and further information will be available soon through the website: www.coldwaterkayaksurf.co.uk

I've also attached the event poster and would be really grateful if you can help get the word out to your club members.
Please feel free to drop me an email if you'd lie some more information etc.

I look forward to seeing you at the beach! Happy Paddling.

Chris Harvey

www.chrisharveyonline.net
Back to top Go down

Kayak Surf Series 2009
Page 1 of 1