Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What a busy weekend!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nicky

Nicky

What a busy weekend! Empty
PostSubject: What a busy weekend!   What a busy weekend! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:10 pm

There's been loads happening this weekend!

A spot of river racing

Me and Scott went up to Tully for a bit of river racing under the expert guidance of fellow wear whoppers Sandra and Michael Mason. Scott took the shallow victory in the team race finishing 5th whilst my teamate took a swim resulting in a last place finish, booo! Saturday's second race was at stanley and I won the division B race in a time that would have finished 4th in div a, not bad in the new battleship! Scott did well too, finishing 3rd in div b in the whopper. Sandra had a good race to finish 2nd in the ladies (but wasn't too happy that I was nearlly 20 seconds ahead!). Michael came home in 3rd, not far off the winner.

On Sunday, I didn't do quite as well, but finished 7th in div a in a pretty decent time, not too far off 4th, scott finished 3rd again, sandra came home in second again, but was close behind first (but still behind me!). Michael moved up to 2nd place on the sunday in a very tight finish.

England training camp

Saturday saw the first England canoe slalom squad event at sowerby bridge. This event saw 6 tees tigers junior members in attendance, putting the club on the map. Andrew Martin won the full runs session, but all paddled well. Hard luck on your swim ben! It happens to the best of us! (Ask campbell, he's always swimming!)

Durham Rowing Club Race

This was a flat water race held on the river wear in durham. The race was attended by 13 members, including 5 junior members. The race was won by Oli Wickham who beat Darren by a country mile. Andrew martin followed behind in 3rd, Andy K'roo edged Keith Wickham at the line. The big story of the day was Jake Brown who came home first in the handicap race beating some paddlers who had a 10 minutes head start and staying ahead of the faster boats who set off behind.

Well done Jake!

Doncaster Division 4 Slalom

A few members and associates made the trip down to doncaster for the first division 4 of the season. one of the durham uni lads, andy hayden won both k1 and c1, gaining promotion to division 3.

This weekend's been very busy indeed, apologise if I haven't mentioned every result, but lets keep busy and have some more weekends like this!

Ciao

Nicky
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

PostSubject: Re: What a busy weekend!   What a busy weekend! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 5:43 pm

sounds like fun, bet it wasn't as fun as my weeked on the slopes tho!!! Woop woop woop!! taught myself to snowboard today.... anyways just thought i'd drop in and say hi. seemed like aas good a place as any to gloat about m recent exploits!!

cioa
Back to top Go down
https://teestigers.forum.st
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: What a busy weekend!   What a busy weekend! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:31 pm

The results have come up quite quickly!

WWR are here: http://www.wildwater.org.uk/index.php/Latest/Results-from-Grandtully.html

Sunday's flat water race are available if anyone wants a copy, PM me your email address...

The Durham lots account of the weekend is on their forum too: http://www.dur.ac.uk/canoe.club/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2611

That'll do for now!

See you at the pool on Tuesday, or the river at 5:15!

Nicky
Back to top Go down
Bailey

PostSubject: Re: What a busy weekend!   What a busy weekend! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:26 pm

Was a good day down at Hatfield, thanks to Durham for the loan of the kit. I was pleased that I managed to knock 6 seconds off on my second run.....shame about going the wrong way round a gate and getting a nice 50 sec penalty. The gate was broken mind, im blaming that!
Back to top Go down
Scotty 2 Hotty

Scotty 2 Hotty

PostSubject: Re: What a busy weekend!   What a busy weekend! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:32 am

been some slight changes to the Tully river race results

http://www.wildwater.org.uk/index.php/Latest/Adjustments-to-Thistle-and-Tully-results.html

I seem to have now finished 1st in both Div B races after some promotions
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: What a busy weekend!   What a busy weekend! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:30 pm

looks like they let anyone win river races! Wink
Back to top Go down
kris wilko

PostSubject: what a busy weekend!   What a busy weekend! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Definately a good and busy sounding weekend nicky!
kris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a busy weekend!   What a busy weekend! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a busy weekend!
Page 1 of 1