Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Team Selections Summer 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nicky

Nicky

Team Selections Summer 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Team Selections Summer 2009   Team Selections Summer 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:41 pm

As national league is almost done, with the c-team the only ones left to play with no potential of demotion/promotion, I reckon it's about time to start thinking about teams...

As discussed at the AGM, it is Duncan and I who have been charged with this difficult job, and it really is difficult with the improvements over the season of the newer paddlers and older members alike. What I'm proposing is to have initial selections in a couple of weeks, but not sure how the decision should be communicated, on the forum, or at the pool? comments would be greatly received! I am also proposing to have individual coaching meetings with everyone who wants one to talk over the decisions and how to improve...

As most of you will be aware, the initial selections will be for the summer season, with some mixing up based on availability and achievements over the season. They are not fixed, so don't rest on your laurels, nor get in a mood. I am happy to discuss any of the decisions or provide any trainig advice necessary to improve.

I will be trying to gauge peoples commitment and intentions for national league (training, competitions, goals etc, but please be honest there's no point saying you want to be a world champion if your CTR is all to pot, and really you're just playing for a bit of a laugh...) over the next week or so, so have a little think and let me know what you want to do...

Let me know if you have any comments/concerns

Nicky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

PostSubject: Re: Team Selections Summer 2009   Team Selections Summer 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 6:00 pm

My concern is that I have not been to many sessions recently so am not in a good position to make good decisions concerning team selection. However, in the short term i will be keeping Nicky accountable concerning his initial selections and over the coming weeks attending more sessions so as the process contines i will be able to have an informed input.

I absolutely back what Nicky has said, we want what's best for the club and for the individuals playing, we are not about causing people hassle and want to be as open and honest as possible. it is important that you communicate your thoughts and concerns and ambitions to us, so we can so our bit. Oh and i want to add one other criteria to team selection: BANTER!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teestigers.forum.st
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: Team Selections Summer 2009   Team Selections Summer 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:42 pm

based on Duncan's new criteria, he's definately definately going to make his tees tigers comeback in the E-team! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: Team Selections Summer 2009   Team Selections Summer 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:09 pm

We had a committee meeting last night and the proposed teams for the summer were put to the committee who have agreed.

So here goes in no particular order:

A-team
Nicky Cresser, Darren Cresser, Chaz Cheung, Scott Cresswell, Andy K'roo, Simon Fletcher, Duncan McCauley.

After a good season in Div 3 last year, we are looking to cement our place in Div 2. It will be good to see duncan in a black boat again, so long as we see him! Chaz has been playing well for us and hence so long as she keeps up the training and can commit to severalo weekends, we don't want to loose her to dirty Meridian! Despite going off to uni in Dundee, sim has proven himself to be a solid goalie and this could see him moving up to the A-team for next season. However, in all cases a final decision will be made at the end of the summer when we have a better idea about people's committment levels and see how they perform.

B-team
Paul Ramsey, Ian Davison, Paul Bone, Matt Fletcher, Grant Tolley, Patrick Chilton and Katie Sweeting

After an early florish with potential for promotion at the begining of the season, inexperience showed with some poor results against weaker teams. I'm confident that with a good summer's training and plenty of hard work, the B-team will have a strong chance of making div 2 and this should be their aim. Ramz, Patty and Matt have been fairly solid (I use the term loosley!) all season with some excellent performances, Paul has shown some determination in key games, whilst Grant is a fairly reliable player when he turns up Wink . With the potential of Sim moving up a team, the B-team could be in need of a keeper and Katie has been improving in all regards and almost keeping a clean sheet in her A-team debut, there is potential for a move up, especially if the improvements can be sustained.

C-team
Francis, Phil Dean, John Flitcroft, Wendy Morris, Sam Critchley, James Tonks, Mark Ledger

This is the first season that many of these players have played for the Tigers. The C-team from last year made massive improvements over the season and it was disappointing that so many players missed the last tournament. Poor organisation somewhere down the line! But whoever makes the cut for the national league season will definately be strong contenders for div 3. There has been a lot of good work already and having the new players breathing down your necks should give you the extra push to keep your place.

These squads are fairly loose ideas for how i reckon they'll pan out for next season. In terms of numbers for next year, I would be quite happy to have 6-7 plyers in the A-team due to the increased water time and higher intensity of game play. However, I can't see the B-team having more than 5 nor 6 players. That is not to say that there won't be, but, I envisage a fairly small b-team, as cand d team players can be called in in their hour of need! I also see the c and d teams as fairly small teams based on the numbers in the club and the fact that playing in div 4 with 8 players really isn't a good idea! We also want to give as many people as possible the opportunity to play. I apologise to anyone who hasn't been named here as I've probably just forgotten you, but pm me, call me or seeme at the pool, but yeah, sorry.

Right what do we do from here? I offered before individual meetings to discuss potential improvements and I am happy to do this, but I think that it could take a few weeks to get through everyone, but if you want to get hold of me just give me a call for a chat... Team captains also need to be appointed. These positins for the summer need to be filled by people who want to do the job and will get the teams to tournaments as that's the best place to learn! No requirement of being the best player as the a-team have already agreed thier captain and wiill be in attendance to coach at most tournaments. So if you fancy taking over/continuing a captaincy, let me know.

We also have every intention of having a ladies team in national league and we should have enough girls to attend a few summer tournaments with a girls team, there is also potential of entering the youth a-team in division 4 as the club's e-team depending on whether the stronger players are required to play tournaments in the c and d teams. This will become clear as we get a better understanding of player committments and who comes out of the woodwork!

Sorry for the epic post, but I hope it all makes sense and that there isn't anything too contentious!

See you all at the pool tonight.

Cheers

Nicky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

PostSubject: Re: Team Selections Summer 2009   Team Selections Summer 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Ok i have locked this topic, it aint for discussion on the forum please talk to me or Nicky about team stuff.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teestigers.forum.st
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Selections Summer 2009   Team Selections Summer 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Selections Summer 2009
Page 1 of 1