Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

a dayinthelife of kris wilko!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kris wilko

a dayinthelife of kris wilko! Empty
PostSubject: a dayinthelife of kris wilko!   a dayinthelife of kris wilko! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:06 pm

sunday 8th november
10:15 A.M.
i turned up at abbey rapids for a training session to find the river up alot, so i went over to darren and he told me that we were going on a river trip from barney to walton lido.considering it was the river trip thad darren and all of his mates swam on earlier this year and the water was up so i knew it would be big so i was very hesitant of my safety on this water.
11:00 A.M.
as we approached the waters edge the waves did not look that big and they werent at the green bridge at barney which would be the starting point for our river trip. taking part in the trip was me, calum, sam, scott, nicky and darren and emma. we went just above the green bridge which would be the place we would have our safety breifing. after this point we set off surfing on waves just below the bridge. just as we went further down the river guess who turned up... placey mongos from placeystan. we ignored the placeys and headed downstream. it was quite an easy ride until we reached abbey. this was one of the biggest bits in the trip and was full of big waves. as we approached the end of the gorge. there was only one big obstacle left in our path on this part of the trip...THE FALLS. and they were enourmous. affraid . it was my turn. i followed nicky down but the water pushed me over into the place i wasnt supposed to go after i had been over the top of the wave the size of 3/4 of a house and then i fell in... i was in an eddy flowing 3 times as fast as the one in the looping pool at nottingham. i put my paddles in position to roll and i rolled up to halfway when darren speared meand pushed me back up to prevent me from falling in again.i exited the eddy on nickys command and burst out onto the edge of this stopper twice as big as me and exited on to the waves.i broke out into one of the eddies below the falls and once we were all regrouped we continued our trip. we then came accross a wave that we had to go down that was also very big. the next drop was quite a big stopper but the drop from the top of the stopper to the bottom of it was enormous.when darren came down it he went totally out of sight. we stayed and played on the waves at this section and all of the adults were surfing in the stopper but it took a bit of persuading to get emma to do it. after we had finished our surfing session we came to the last section we would have to take on... walton lido.
after we had got to the bottom of the lido we got out and went back to the wilko mobile and had a cuppa and a chat about tees tiger street.

Last edited by kris wilko on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: a dayinthelife of kris wilko!   a dayinthelife of kris wilko! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:13 pm

love it Kris, good little article!

Don't think Emma will be impressed that you missed her name off the register!

Nicky
Back to top Go down
kris wilko

PostSubject: a dayinthelife of kris wilko!   a dayinthelife of kris wilko! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:19 pm

whoops
Back to top Go down
Danjit

Danjit

PostSubject: Re: a dayinthelife of kris wilko!   a dayinthelife of kris wilko! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 pm

an enjoyable read, im gald the plakky mongo's didn't give you any trouble!
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: a dayinthelife of kris wilko!   a dayinthelife of kris wilko! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:05 pm

where did they come from again wilko? oh thats right placeystan!!

Brlliant!
Back to top Go down
Calum

Calum

PostSubject: Re: a dayinthelife of kris wilko!   a dayinthelife of kris wilko! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Mint article Kris i'm glad u spelt my name with 1 L lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a dayinthelife of kris wilko!   a dayinthelife of kris wilko! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a dayinthelife of kris wilko!
Page 1 of 1