Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Team results comments

Go down 
+2
Friend of Andy Dancer
Duncan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

A Team results comments Empty
PostSubject: A Team results comments   A Team results comments Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:54 pm

Thought I'd give this a whirl it seems to be what all the cool kids are into....

First thing to say is we had a much improved attitude everyone really grafted, working hard despite a number of the team being ill. This showed in the results as it wa by far our best tournament.

game 1: Tigers 4 Pennine 3

Despite starting without the Cressers (the blame eventually made its way to captain Cresswell) This was a strong performance, Duncan and Darren finally clicking working the inside in attack and some good team goals were created. Some good shooting and poor defending on sim our part brought the score out in our favour (only just). Some good shot stopping from Sim and a tasty long shot from Nicky brought us home.

Game 2: Tigers 4 Mariners 2

Probably our best game of the day, having gone 1 goal up we were forced to play 5's. our cohesive response in a tight put us three goals ahead and effectively sealed the deal. a lack of concentration and some sloppy defending again meant we conceded near the end.

Game 3: Tigers 3 Kingston 2

After suffering a bitter defeat to kingston last time we played everyone was really up for this game. Again some good attacking meant we were 2 goals ahead but for the most part it was a really tight affair. We should have had the game sewn up 4/5 nil but some errors crept in and we put ourselves back under pressure at 2:1 in the scoend half. Eventually we got the third goal which decided the match though again we conceded a late unnecessary goal.

Game 4: tigers 2 White Rose 2

havign lead for most of the way though we were bitterly dissapointed to concede in the final seconds, however this was our poorest game. We lacked the discipline we showed in previous games and concentration started to waver. Some good pressure from 5's gave us our second goal and the first came after a long period of pressure cumulated in chaz finishing from inside.

other points-
I don't think we conceded off the break all day which is a big bonus the work rate tracking back was excellent

Darren broke his blades (the rumor is he was trying to spear the opposition)

Lots of good attacking but still the need for more movement around the back and faster balls on the break.

A lot of poor defending (shown by the amount we conceded). We need to be tighter and more organised. Sim had a lot of saves to make and it could have been a different story if he wasn't having such a good day.

Both darren and nicky turned down team cake which means they are officially queer. fact.

So overall i think we are all heaving a huge sigh of relief. Not the best performance we could have mustered but in a results business we have nothing to feel bad about.

Well done!!

Last edited by Duncan on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://teestigers.forum.st
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: A Team results comments   A Team results comments Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:24 pm

an interesting read Duncan i especially liked the fact that i some how was your amazing goal keeper and playing div 3 very similar times Smile

and i am abit hurt that the B Team never thought of team cake if i am honest Sad

seriously though sounds like a good night and you really had kingston all flustered Andy Lowthorpe arrived at our Div3 as a support full of hell when i asked how you lot got on :p
Back to top Go down
andyrhu

andyrhu

PostSubject: Re: A Team results comments   A Team results comments Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Seen as though Mr McAuley has written such a nice write up on the afternoons antics in Leeds i thought i would put up how the league table reads based on the results i had from yesterday..... so this is only provisional but pretty accurate.

Team Pld w d l pts

FOA 10 7 2 1 26
Tees Tigers A 11 6 1 4 24
Pennine B 11 5 1 5 22
Derby A 7 3 1 3 14
Hull Mareeners 7 3 0 4 13
White Rose 7 2 2 3 13
Derby B 7 1 1 5 10
Kingston A 6 1 0 5 8

so as you can see we are sitting second at the min so well done to us all, and lets have some big licks at training no slacking off over xmas as we only have 3 games left in the season and there is a chance of playoffs!!!!! what a good way to end the season that would be...... lets kick arse at the next comp in march????? i think?

Andy
Back to top Go down
andyrhu

andyrhu

PostSubject: Re: A Team results comments   A Team results comments Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:37 pm

oops, table not worked out how it was supposed to but you can get the gist of it
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: A Team results comments   A Team results comments Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:21 pm

what are tha chances of us staying in dsecond, i mean what results would other teams have to get to knock us out of 2nd?
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: A Team results comments   A Team results comments Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:33 pm

looks like rammers, mareeners and white rose would have to win all their matches to move above the tigers.
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: A Team results comments   A Team results comments Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:59 pm

All we need to do is beat everyone at the last tournament and we'll be making it hard for teams to come ahead of us...

Get yourselves training and we won't have a problem. All we can do is worry about what we're doing...

Get your training in and we'll see what happens...

Nicky
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: A Team results comments   A Team results comments Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:30 pm

well morning session will be back on the list aswell as every other one going as of saturday =)

who we got left to play? cos i can only think of 2 teams, not that this really matters.
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: A Team results comments   A Team results comments Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:00 am

rammers a, penine b and white rose
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: A Team results comments   A Team results comments Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Right, I've spoken to most people since the weekend about individual stuff form the weekend.

So in no particular order:

Matt - didn't recall you playing, but keep up the good work!

Sim - Why was Matt in goal? A few signs of the good stuff from the summer, more of this please! We'll work on your training plan over Christmas along with chatting a bit more about the right times and places to run in...

Dunc - much better work inside with the Dazzler, getting some good splits which need to be capitalised a bit better, but good work for now, just need the fitness up, but I think that that's an aim for us all at the moment...

Andy - Good evening in general, same as sim on the runs and we've chatted about the boat strength and edge control, so a little more slalom for you...

Chaz - A couple of mint games, but teh third saw you become nervous and loose a bit of the edge, we've got to have you confident and going at people as when you hesitate, the opposition take the advantage. But don't want to sound too negative, the first two games were good! (I also mentioned about getting on forward strokes more, but I'll chat to you on Tuesday about soem stuff you can do in warm ups that will make a big difference to your paddling)

Scott - as with me, we just need to get fit and healthy again and get back out canoeing again. I'll have a chat with you about opportunities to run in etc at the pool on Wednesday

Darren - Really need to get your shoulder sorted so that we can get your throwing sorted out, you're getting into mint positions, but need to have you scoring some goals...

On a general thing, we need to have teh confidenceto hold onto the ball when we're up. In each game, when we went ahead, we looked nervous and struggled to keep composed. Composure is one of the things we have been struggling with, but this will come with more experience...

Lots of positives on Saturday, so lets get some good graft in and dominate the last tournament. If we win all our games, it's up to the rest of them to come and beat us. All we can do is concentrate on our games and see what happens. Don't be eating too much and not too much of that Christmas cheer!

see you all on Wednesday.

Nicky
xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Team results comments   A Team results comments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Team results comments
Page 1 of 1