Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Womens div2 - Jan 9th

Go down 
+6
Gail
Roswitha
Rachel
andyrhu
Friend of Andy Dancer
Katie Sweeting
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie Sweeting

Katie Sweeting

Womens div2 - Jan 9th Empty
PostSubject: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Hey girlies our second tournament is on the 9th Jan in Luton again, i need to know who can make it. Have already been told that Nic cant so looks like we're down to four already unless we can get a replacement.

We are also in need of a qualified referee for the tournament, last one we wangled it but i dont think we can get away with that again so volunteers would be really helpful if you wanna support your tigresses!!!

Let me know ASAP people.

PS. Andy mentioned it might be a good idea if we can all get ourselves to the pool wednesday to get a practice in before hand !!!
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:14 pm

I don't think there will be any spare reffs we are all playing local league on the 9th
Back to top Go down
andyrhu

andyrhu

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:02 pm

oh yeah never thought of that.......oops my bad
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:14 pm

I can play and I'll be at training on weds too.
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:24 am

Also, Katie would you mind if I did the same thing as last time and stay in London on the Saturday night?
Back to top Go down
Roswitha

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:01 am

Does somebody have Wendy's contact details? I saw her once last year and mentioned w'd be in need of a player in January and she seemed to be positively inclined but I stupidly didn't get her number! Ros
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey hey!

I can play. However, girls, please check your email. Forecast is snow snow snow!!!

Rach, can your man ref for us? That would make sense if he's willing??

xxx
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:55 pm

I don't think he's really a very good ref and i'm not sure he's ever done a ref's course. I can ref (sort of!) but i'm not sure how tight our games are together. If a 6th person comes with us we won't all be able to squeeze into Katie's car that's the only problem...
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Yes Rach. Thats what I was thinking about getting your man to do it!!
Either that or we need to find a girl who can play and ref (good luck with that one)
We could always persuade matts alter ego, Zoe to play?? However, she may be tied up with local league that night!!
xxx
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Chaz?
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Think Chaz is playing in div 1 for another team this year. Think that means she can't play for us??
xxx
Back to top Go down
Roswitha

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Have talked to Wendy and she thinks she'll be able to play on Saturday. Ros
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:20 pm

Ok girls

I am pulling out of Saturday. It is insane to even be thinking about going at this point!

I now have a foot of snow. It took me 1 hour 40 minutes to get home from work, a distance of 20 miles on main roads!!

Luton weather for the week, according to BBC . . . . .
weds-heavy snow. min-3, max0
thurs-heavy snow min -6, max-2
fri-light snow min-5, max-1
sat-light snow min-3, max-1
Please bear in mind what we got today was described as 'light'!!

Sorry tigers / tigeresses but being alive and forfeiting a few matches if preferable to the alternative!!

xxx
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Firstly how long does it take to get to work normally ?
And you guys have to pay your competition fee still which is the bad news
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:09 pm

usually takes 25 min to get home!!
I understand we still have to pay competition fees. Better that and live than go and not!!
Okies, maybe that was a little melodramatic!!
However, decision stands!
xxx
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:12 pm

get in touch with the league organiser and I'm sure Caroline will understand the circumstances, I know they've changed things for other teams and this isn't your fault, so just get in touch if people arn't happy to travel and at least you've let 'em know...

Nicky
xx
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks Nicky, it's really good to know I have your support.
I did email the girls yesterday to suggest that but nobody seems keen?? Do you have a number? I just think if we communicate the problem today we have a better chance than we would come friday of rearranging stuff!!
xxx
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:48 am

Maybe we should ask Katie before we pull out because she might still be up for it? I don't really mind either way what we do. Ros what do you think?

PS, if we're going to be short of a player and you do want to play I *might* be able to find an ex warwick lady who lives in london to play with us?
Back to top Go down
Katie Sweeting

Katie Sweeting

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 am

Sorry to say girls, but im with gail on this one. Im currently snowed in over here and trying to drive anywhere is trecherous. We had 5inches of snow yesterday on top of what we already had, and another 10.5 over night and it looks as if its gonna keep coming all week. I know green star have already said that if conditions dont get better they wont be able to make it either. I think we might have to cut our loses on this one, and if we're lucky and other teams are unable to attend too the whole thing might be rescheduled.

Sorry again girls
Katie
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:17 am

Sounds like the sensible option to me. You can probably get a contact online at canoepolo.org if you don't already have one.
Back to top Go down
https://teestigers.forum.st
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Ok, I've had chats today with both Caroline and her husband. Upshot is, they have about an inch in Luton. So no real issues for them, apparently there are 2 other teams who have said they are not going to be able to make it. However, the tournament cannot be cancelled unless the pool cancel (see below). Caroline trains at this pool and apparently they have had to shut due to snow in the past, so fingers crossed they get more snow so tournament is cancelled, that way we don't forfeit our games, or have to pay fees!!
Caroline will keep us up to date with any changes. Below is the general email which has been circulated.

Thanks for your support Duncan!!

Dear All

As several of you have already informed me that you are likely to have difficulties travelling to Luton on saturday. I have made some enquires.......

The canoe polo committee, say that they are not in a position to cancel at this time because we have to pay for the pool unless the pool cancels. Luton currently does not have much snow and will only cancel if their staff can`t get to work. Luton pool will review the situation on friday and let us know.

Therefore, the tournament is still on and if you don`t turn up, you still have to pay and will lose your points. The next BCU polo committee's meeting is on the 23rd Jan 2010, so this will be the best forum to express your views.

The canoe polo committee's concern is that the bad weather looks likely to persist which means that this is potentially an issue for lots of tournaments and they feel that it would be difficult to decide what is cancelled/played and could result in lots of resheduling.

I'll keep you all informed
Caroline[i]
Back to top Go down
ivanthorn

PostSubject: Boo hoo   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:34 am

So they have to reschedule a couple of tournaments. So what. Is it better to ask people to put themselves at risk on a long journey in adverse conditions?

It isn't really that bad weather, but numpties who don't know how to drive cut our village off completely for a few hours last night and meant I had to stay in the pub, but exposing people to these numpties for a recreational activity is just simply not worth it.

I have written to the BCU along these lines, as I don't think it fair to charge you lot for not playing on this one.

Mad
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:27 am

Aye recreational activities as appose to the pub, which I'm guessing was strictly buisness Razz

hopefully it turns out for the best.
Back to top Go down
Katie Sweeting

Katie Sweeting

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Good news guys. I had an email off the league organiser earlier this evening saying that the tournament has been cancelled . So looks like we made the right decision Smile. Hope to see you all soon.

Katie
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:28 pm

OK girls

The pool cancelled the tournament in the end. Meaning we can have our next tournament inside in the warm!!!
April 10th is still the suggested date. We need to let Caroline know . . . .NOW . . . if we can make it.

Thanks
xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Womens div2 - Jan 9th   Womens div2 - Jan 9th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Womens div2 - Jan 9th
Page 1 of 1