Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

B team national league 16 jan

Go down 
+8
andyrhu
Sim
Nicky
Patrick
ianD
stephenmarkjackson
Ramz
Friend of Andy Dancer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

B team national league 16 jan Empty
PostSubject: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 7:10 pm

Hey all

we have a competition in Stockport on the 16th

I am expecting you to all be there I.e.

Ste
ian
patty
Ramsey
and myself

Let's sort lifts
I cannot drive although I belive both ian and Ramsey will have roof racks sorted by then so the finger points that way Smile
or alternatively we could get some supporters

I don't have fixtures yet but should have an e-mail soon

so can you guys make it ?

thanks
matt
Back to top Go down
Ramz

Ramz

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:40 pm

I can make it, although i do have issues with my roofrack. Talk more about it at the pool.

Ramz
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Post the problem here if you can mate
thanks
matt
Back to top Go down
stephenmarkjackson

stephenmarkjackson

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:15 am

i can make it. Dunk is going to look into how much it'll cost for me to be insured on his van (which has racks) so hopefully he'll do it today and i can let you know about it. Cheers Dunk!
Back to top Go down
ianD

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:07 am

My roofrack will be on order today as I had problems with my orginal supplier.

I will definately be there on the 16th ....

Have you text Patty ???
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:54 am

Firstly thanks for the speedy replies lads
yes I will chat to patty

can you all make it to the pool aswell please we have it for two hours this week Smile

ian does that mean you will have a roof rack in time ?
I am asking this as I will definately not be insured on the 16th

thanks
matt
Back to top Go down
ianD

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:35 pm

It should be 2 - 3 day delivery so should have it this week....

I will be at the pool this week...

Do you have the current standings for Div 3 North ?
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:23 pm

No but as far as I can work out we must win everything and so we shall Smile
I will ask liz for them
Back to top Go down
Ramz

Ramz

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:14 pm

The Problem: Its not really recommended to fit a roofrack to a 3door fiat punto grande, we have been advised by the Halfords Manager not to fit a roofrack to it at all due to it being fitted to the rear glass window, however thule say you must always tie Kayaks to the bumper but my car has a flush bumper so i cannot do this, so only option is to reduce the risk by carrying a light load ie. Max 2 Kayaks other wise if it comes off again we will have no comeback and because of what happend before, Iam NOT prepared to take the risk.
What ever you say im not going back on what i have said.

Ramz-
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:37 pm

Why not strap them off to your bumper on the tow loop
and you realise everyone faces the same risk and don't cause such an awkward situation and fuss.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Hello
I can play, would it be possible to pick me up in leeds i have had a look at the route and it only takes an extra 10 mins to go through leeds?

With regards to ramos problem i think this is what you need to make your roof rack safe.
https://media.photobucket.com/image/thule%20roof%20rack%20on%20a%203%20door%20car/boiledbeef/c4.jpg
Back to top Go down
Ramz

Ramz

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:28 pm

we inquried about that sort of roofrack, again its not suited to the shape of the car.

Ramz
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Surely they are worth it though to lower the massive that you assosiate with your cars roof rack ?
Back to top Go down
Ramz

Ramz

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:12 pm

Wot scratch
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:21 pm

massive risk i meant
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:35 pm

if ramsey's not taking more than 2, then there's no way i'm taking more than 12. 13 was just too many to have on the family magnet at a foreign tournament. I'm not prepared to take the risk of asking the halfords manager as he may say that i am irresponsible.

nicky
xx
Back to top Go down
Ramz

Ramz

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:22 pm

You lot can say whatever you like im not going back on what i said.
If it happend to any of uses and if you were you were in the same situation as me, you would all do the same thing and i know you'll all say you wouldn't but if u knew the whole story then you would.

Ramz
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Sounds to me that sharing the whole story might help people understand
Back to top Go down
andyrhu

andyrhu

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:11 pm

so by my reconing and by ramseys rules you will need to take three cars...... 6 players.... 6 kayaks.... divide that by 2 and you get 3 cars...... bit extreme i think!!!! not to mention expensive!!!!!

Dont forget to put the paddles inside the car, wouldnt want to stress the roofrack out too much, lol! lol! after all you will be carrying approx 15 kilos, about the same weight a a calum .....does the halfords retard realise you are not carrying placky mongo boats which probably weigh close to 15 kilo each....lol

kids these days eh!!!!!

dont make cars like they used to. told you all about FIAT ramz (F)ix (I)t (A)gain (T)omorrow

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

you know if i had said i was only taking 2 boats years ago none of you would have gone past the Tees!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:59 am

The tees is a big place now mr rhu, let's scale it down, we'd still be at castle gate lol.
Thank god for the risk takers ehy

As for Ramsey, I would put what happend behind me, as after all you are a canoeist and by default a roofrack enthusiast. You need the roof rack m8 and by that I mean you need to be able to use it, to full capacity. Get the things patty said for extra security and get on with it.

As for the car not designed for it, no car was designed for carrying loads on the roof, that why cars aren't fitted with solid standard racks, not even all cars have rails..
Back to top Go down
ianD

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:12 am

Just use 'Gaffer Tape' to fix them to the roof ........ it fixes everything ...... 2 strips can hold your bumper on all tournament !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:48 am

A good bit of consumer knowledge there, I hope he remembers to put some foam on the roof, you know protect the paint and all.
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:52 pm

but therefore further destabalising the mounting points of the roof rack so to be safe perhaps he sould only put one boat on! Can't be too careful! Big Girl!
Back to top Go down
stephenmarkjackson

stephenmarkjackson

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:41 pm

poor ramsey getting all bullied and whatnot. i feel for you ramsey as a recent victim of the common 70mph flying boat problem. Its not about the weight its about the lift you get from the boats causeing a torque on the racks, if they aren't far enough apart they pop off, matt can use his engineering to explain why. I'll be looking into being insured on dunk's van which has racks (and a bed!) so if that goes through we can chill our beans
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:06 pm

You can position boats to increase downforce! thats my excuse to rachel as to why i go round the bends so fast anyway!! lol!

and isn't Sim the intelligent one, not matt?(who is for all other things the better twin!)(except maybe canoeing)( oh who can tell them appart anyway!!!) lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B team national league 16 jan   B team national league 16 jan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B team national league 16 jan
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next