Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

National Champs Cakes

Go down 
+6
sara
Ramz
fatgarysdad
Paulb
Tonksie
Friend of Andy Dancer
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

National Champs Cakes Empty
PostSubject: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:33 pm

I was wondering if all you mums/wives/girlfriends fancy doing some baking for the cake stall at national champs.

Preferably things such as: large cakes (not cream), Flapjack, Fruitloaf, carrot cake, cookies, Muffins, etc. (Cup cakes not really suitable)

Please let me know ASAP if you can contribute anything. All cakes made would need to be brought to the center on saturday morning ready to sell.

Cheers
Matt/Letty Fletcher
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:34 pm

I'll email this to the family cooks
Back to top Go down
Paulb

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:57 pm

I can make a mean fruit cake.

In fact I'll try and make a couple.

Paul B
Back to top Go down
fatgarysdad

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:56 am

A bit sexist isn't it, (all you mums/wives/girlfriends). Well done Paul for standing up for the blokes.
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:05 am

I sould be getting Chocolate brownies, honey flapjack, a cake of some discription and probably millionare shordbread and motcha squares!

Also if you wanna go to Costco to pick up some drinks to sell we can arrange that.
Back to top Go down
Ramz

Ramz

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:03 am

My mum wouldn't mind offering an extra pair of hand in the kitchen, I might convince Tom to do a bit of baking. He's the Flapjack King.
If theres any other jobs going for my dad let us know.
Back to top Go down
sara

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:52 am

I can prob get you a couple of carrot cakes and Fred can make a luvly chocolate brownie style cake so will get him to make a couple.
Back to top Go down
ivanthorn

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi,

Nicola makes a fantastic chocolate cake, and I mean fantastic! She is prepared to make one for you, but wants to know what the proceeds from the cake stall are going to?

ta
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:08 pm

All proceeds are going towards our continued domination of Morpeth! I hope that this is a worthy cause! lol! although we've ot managed it in local league yet!

Nah, all proceeds will be going to further develop our youth section and allow us to invest further. Funds haven't been earmarked yet, but you know what they say about counting chickens before they've hatched! We've not been going long, so there's lots to do, but we're getting there!

Nicky
xx
Back to top Go down
ivanthorn

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:01 am

LOL Razz

I'll see if she will whip a couple up for you then, gotta support the littlies if there's a future for the game.

Domination, hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh, pick me up, pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeee glad to see you're worried though.
Back to top Go down
I love Smoggies

I love Smoggies

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Surely you should be contacting Edinburgh Zoo or the World Wide Fund for Nature for help regarding the plight of the little tiggers? elephant

I will wing you down a cake if you will send a couple of teams of your cubs to our youth tournament on 7th August.

This is a cracking opportunity for youth development. Mike has committed to send a couple of teams of Scousers

Cheers

Nic

PS we are old enough to remember what Tees Tiggers were like in the olden days BC (before Cresser) We have never been that pants!

Back to top Go down
ivanthorn

PostSubject: More Cake   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:37 am

ahem,

Our daughter Jessica has decided that she would like Daddy to help her make some blueberry muffins to donate to this worthy cause.

Not sure if they'll be saleable, but good to ward off any hostile ducks on the river!
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:00 am

Doesn't BC stand for before canoeing? scratch

Polo is a lot easier if you can canoe! The slalom influence(mainly Cresser related) just brought the canoeing to the club! affraid
Back to top Go down
ivanthorn

PostSubject: Brilliant   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:15 am

Okay ladies, handbags at dawn. Laughing

Think Nic was referring to the fact that a few (not many) seasons ago, TT were generally regarded as cannon fodder through no fault of their own; just experience was missing, not ability. The upsurge in results appears, to the outsider, to coincide with the elevation of the family Cresser to the forefront of your club (honestly, no idea how long they've actually been involved).

No doubt about it that canoeing ability makes polo easier, but then so does the abilty to understand the game and realise the importance of all positions and persons within a team.

Actually, when you think about it (and believe me I normally can't be bothered to) TT were improving rapidly over the years before the Cresser emergence so to say otherwise is actually being dismissive of the efforts of all the longer members of your club, which is as unfair as it is untrue.

Think Nicola was simply trying for a bit of banter tbh, although I also wouldn't dismiss her canoeing or polo ability, her having won the Europeans a few years back.

Back to top Go down
ianD

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 am

You every thought about politics Ivan ?

Ivan for PM ..... Very Happy

I think that now the region has a nationally recognised polo event it should continue to go from strength to strength....

PS.... When are Morpeth gonna vote for Tigers A as the best team on the canoe polo website ?? lol!
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 pm

lol! lol! lol! when are they gonna make a stiring smiley?
Back to top Go down
ianD

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:24 pm

It will have your face on it Tonksie ......

elephant for now I think the elephant with the 'suspect' nose should do....
Back to top Go down
ivanthorn

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:17 am

ianD wrote:
You every thought about politics Ivan ?

Ivan for PM ..... Very Happy

I think that now the region has a nationally recognised polo event it should continue to go from strength to strength....

PS.... When are Morpeth gonna vote for Tigers A as the best team on the canoe polo website ?? lol!

Politics, you'd see a very different side of me with some real power! LOL.

Vote, TT for best club. OMG, it's like asking me to go watch Sunderland! What a Face Actually, think you lot deserve a lot of credit for what you have done over the past decade. So, I'll say it here and now and once only - Well Done TT.

Still gonna smash you at the weekend though!
Back to top Go down
ivanthorn

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:20 am

Tonksie wrote:
lol! lol! lol! when are they gonna make a stiring smiley?

Fair do's! lol!

Caught me with no sleep since Saturday yesterday and about to take 15 kiddies on the river last night.

Besides, attack Nic, you go for me; so to coin your own phrase Grrrrrrrrr! lol!

Anyhow, did you hear (err Read) that, 15, yes 15 kiddies. We're coming to get you!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Champs Cakes   National Champs Cakes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National Champs Cakes
Page 1 of 1