Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

tees barrage prices

Go down 
+7
chaz
Tonksie
brw777
andyrhu
markl
Friend of Andy Dancer
dcresser
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dcresser

dcresser

tees barrage prices Empty
PostSubject: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:55 am

Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 am

to much
Back to top Go down
markl

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:41 am

Going to have to side with Matt on this one
Back to top Go down
andyrhu

andyrhu

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:05 am

I agree. Far too expensive. Especially as the gov are now saying that Middlesbrough will b one of the most affected areas with all the cuts going on!!!

People are skint!!!

Tees active = money grabber!!!

How bout discounts for local people / paddlers?

Mind you don't think it will affect me much. The water will be too big for me to paddle lol!

I will just b sitting on the side watching :-)

Back to top Go down
brw777

brw777

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 am

how do they expect local kids to develop in kayaking @ these prices. surely it is better to be cheaper and be used more often than being overpriced and empty. whats the point in spending all this money on a new course for it not to be used!!!

I THOUGHT TEES ACTIVE WAS SUPPORTED BY STOCKTON BOROUGH COUNCIL SO WERE IS THE MONEY GOING!!! scratch

Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Jog on!!

I'll be training at abbey over the winter and flat for the summer then!!
Back to top Go down
chaz

chaz

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:34 pm

Agree wiv Tonksie!! Where do they think ppl get the money!!

Absolutely ridiculous!!
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 6:47 am

I can't afford to pay those prices so won't!

We have lots of other venues to use free of charge, so think i may just use one of those! No matter how good it's going to be, I just can't afford it!
Back to top Go down
Bev Wilkinson

Bev Wilkinson

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:07 pm

if you want to do something about these prices we have to do it as a club.
but you say you will not pay for this yet you will go to cardingtons garbage site spending tons of money getting there and back you need to look at how you want to finance your activitys and choose more wisley where to go. there will be loads of other users willing to pay the prices and we may all just get swept under the carpet and left out
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:55 pm

It's far too expensive! The price hike is ridiculous.
Some people may argue that £15 isn't much for all the comedy that would be gained from watching me fail tho . . . .
xxx
Back to top Go down
dcresser

dcresser

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:47 am

i think if we work as a group we might be able to sought something out and what you have to think if you want to be good at canoeing you need to paddle at the barrage. simon is saying a lot of good things and i think it will be good.we just need work with them to do it.
bounce
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:26 pm

but as the plan seems to be only to open 9-5 during the winter the annuall pass will only be valid on weekends!

It seems to me like its going to be a commercial rafting venue. Good luck attracting customers to that in the winter months with the not exactly tropical teesside weather!

Judging by this weekends results its seems we have been doing ok without the barrage, and the only team to beat use don't exactly have a raging torrent of a training site!

Big white water training sites would be nice but they have to be accessable and affordable to those who can regularly use them otherwise they will be a big white elephant standing in the corner whilst we carry on with fitness work on the flat during the week and go to free white water for weekend training.

Part of the reason nottingham is a good slalom training site is the fact that all year round you have acces to the water until late evening (with floodlights in the winter) at a reasonable rate (60% of the proposed teesside prices).

Why did they bother redeveloping the site if they are going to heavily restrict the avaliable hours of use and seemingly try to price out local community from using the site? If it cost me £15 in fuel to get to each session and another £15 for the session there is no way i can afford that extra expense.

Back to top Go down
chaz

chaz

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:02 pm

i think i have missunderstood these prices .... let me get it right ..... so its £200 for kid/student and £400 adult jus to use it on a weekend???? and as for the 9-5 whos gonna be free then - most ppl work and kids are at school/college ... whats the point in that????

And as for goin to cardington - we came 2nd!!! this is a fantastic result for the club and it cost £20 for the weekend thats £5 more than goin jus down the road.

the prices need to be lower and it needs to be open at times when ppl can use it!
Back to top Go down
Bev Wilkinson

Bev Wilkinson

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:08 pm

The ability of the club and its paddlers to take part in slaloms and do well is not being questioned. Considering that the club is still a fairly young club it is fantastic that the club achieved 2nd place in the interclubs compared with last year. It puts the tigers on the map and shows they are a force to be reckoned with. Mark was trying to compare the cost of getting to all the slaloms we all go to with the cost of the barrage. It might of only cost you £20 to get there but it would of costs us a damn sight more by the time you pay for diesel, entry fees and camping fees. We go to slaloms regularly and it costs a lot of money for approx 2 hrs of paddling (4 runs + practice). We agree that the cost of the barrage is way too much and we need to group together and try and find the answer. We need to find a solution because it is a shame not to be able to use such a facility right on our doorsteps.
Back to top Go down
Bev Wilkinson

Bev Wilkinson

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:23 pm

The £ 400 & £ 200 memberships are to paddle between peak hours which they class as 5 - 8pm weekdays and 9 am - 5pm weekends and as Tonksie says if there is no floodlighting during the winter it basically means you can only paddle on a weekend which is absolutely no use what so ever.
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Bev Wilkinson wrote:
you say you will not pay for this yet you will go to cardingtons garbage site spending tons of money getting there and back you need to look at how you want to finance your activitys and choose more wisley where to go.

The main reason I canoe is to compete and have fun. This weekend I ENJOYED COMPETING and representing my club. I am happy to pay money to do such a thing and as a club we did absolutely brilliantly in both regards.

What I am not happy to do is to pay 33% more for a season ticket and 50% more for an evening's paddle than at other courses, especially given that the north of england is poorer than other places, and the expected opening times are significantly reduced. Who can Afford to pay £7.50 to go canoeing for one evening? At HPP for example, I can get on at 6 am if I so wish and can paddle to whatever time I like. I don't understand how the price margin can be justified and I look forward to gaining clarity.

I would like to see the site being successful, but with these prices, I can see it being difficult...
Back to top Go down
ianD

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:27 pm

I think everyone is in agreement that we should try and do something about the 'proposed' barrage prices.

I have asked Darren to find out what getting club affiliation would involve and I would propose that the committe discuss an action plan tomorrow night at the committee meeting.

This thread appears to be getting a bit 'close to the bone' and opinionated so lets try and deal with this as a club in agreement that the price of the barrage is to high and that as 'a club' we need to try and change the proposal or come up with a viable alternative.
Back to top Go down
dcresser

dcresser

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:51 pm

right when it opens then you can start moaning, Your not even giveing it a chance.Simon is a nice guy and he is willing to lisen to any thing we have to say. I have had meetings with him and he talks alot of sence and wants it to work for us as well as rafts.

dont stress now wait till it opens its going to be good

Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Daz,

I think the point is if its going to be the prices stated a lot of us will never find out coz its too much money to get on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tees barrage prices   tees barrage prices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tees barrage prices
Page 1 of 1