Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LOCAL LEAGUE

Go down 
+8
chaz
Paulb
John Holmes
Mrs Tonksie
Roswitha
Nicky
Tonksie
Gail
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ramz

Ramz

LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Gail, is there any chance the results on could be posted on here?
Back to top Go down
Roswitha

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:19 am

Hi Gail,

so our team you, Paul G., Josh (isn't he playing in the Youth team though?) and Josh's dad will meet at Tynemouth pool at 7 or so next Saturday for 7:30 start?
Is there anything you would like me to pick up from the watersport centre?

regards, Ros
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:34 am

I'm so pleased you're more on the ball than me this week . . . . I'm poorly again so if anyone wants to volunteer to play in my place, you're more than welcome Smile Smile
Can you bring BAs for all please?
I still need a volunteer or 2 for the next Div 2 - 3rd December to coach/ref . . . . (Grown up tigers)
xxx
Back to top Go down
Roswitha

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:13 pm

I am very sorry to hear that Gail - I think I know how frustrated you must feel. But you might be OK on Saturday, there is still some time. I will bring the BAs and see you there! take care
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:32 am

I have so many thankyous for last night....
Team, you were exactly that, getting there, playing, spending hours sorting out goals, getting stuck in and helping out, going that extra bit to make life easy, then at the end, a whole team stayed to lock the centre, thankyou, you were all amazing!! Ive had an email from the pool and we did it right, they are happy Smile
xxx
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Sorry to sound like i'm a bit miffed but I am!

Why the heck(I did use a different word here to start with) do we need to play 5 tournaments for local league??

how many teams are there in each league? we only have to play 4 events for national league with 10 teams in the league.

Don't get me wrong I like playing polo, but i don't like sittitng around on the pool side watching other people playing polo very much.

When we were told 3 dates that sounded reasonable for a local league but 5? how many matches are we talking about each night? Its not the biggest issue for me living fairly close but I cant imagine the trip up looks that appealing to those guy's traveling from Stockton/Darlo twice as many times as expected.

However it looks like I can make the dates Chaz has just sent over to me, but i'd still like to know why we have to be at so many events as it does heavily restrict how far from home I can go training on a saturday and sunday morning.

ps on a less moaning note the B team smashed it last night, 4 wins 0 draws 0 losses (I assume we are top of the league).
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Tonks

Firstly, I understand your frustration, don't for a second think I'm enjoying messing everyone around quite so much . . . . due to matters outside of our control, we were down to 4 teams in div 2, one of these was a scratch tigers team, so really, thats 3 in the league.
The options were -merge the leagues or abandon the division.
People didn't want to abandon, understandably, so what we decided (Dunc, Nicky and I) was to merge the leagues.
There are now 10 teams in the league. We can only have the pool for 3 hours at a time. Somehow, I have to fit 90 matches into 8 tournament dates, which I have to pluck out of thin air.
I really am doing my VERY best to accommodate everyone, I appreciate it's a pain. Understand I'm not overly happy as I can't play, have had to abandon the C team and now find myself as keyholder needing to commit to 8 tournament dates and/or find willing volunteers to help out (which is an entirely seperate issue)

So sure, be annoyed, shout, scream, rant, every other team has . . . . but I'd appreciate cooperation from my own club. This isn't an easy job, made ever more difficult by having 2 teams drop out last minute.

This will affect the A team also. But PLEASE REMEMBER you have other players (Ros, Paul Gwyther, John Holmes) who would have been playing C team, who can be called upon to fill gaps in the teams if necessary.

Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:41 pm

As I said I can make the dates so I'll be there.

Just so i understand it correctly(and probably everyone else), the 1st div 1 and 2 tournaments results count towards the final results? and then there are 4/5 more where we continue the one div 1 format with the div 2 teams added.

Its seems a bit harsh on the div 2 teams to just chuck them up but if they are happy and aware of what they are getting in to thats fine with me.

I know the stresses of organising events gail and if you need help with playlists and stuff just ask. I guess thats the only major thing to rejig as the pool bookings will be the same ones for the origional div 2 dates.
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:48 pm

Yes, the games played still stand, there will be more tournaments added to continue, same format.
Extra sessions are being added and all teams have been contacted. Tigers B are by far the most challenging team in terms of dates, hence why you've been given the first list . . . .
As for the div 2 teams having to play up . . . Durham Uni Girls and Newc Uni B will fit well, Hexham are keen . . . . they were all given the choice.
Thanks for the support Smile
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:34 am

Ive sent this around the other teams today, your team captains will also have a copy of this . . . . just so everybody knows the score!

Hi all

As you are all aware, we have had a few challenges thrown up regarding local league this year!

After much deliberation, we have decided the easiest way forwards with this situation.

We are going to continue with the leagues as a combined league. Each team will have the opportunity to play each team ONCE. Any matches already played still stand.

When every team has played every other team, the teams will be 'seeded' based on results. There will then be 2 tournament dates-the top 5 'seeds' attend one and battle for championship. The bottom 5 'seeds' attend the other.

This is what we feel is firstly fairest, secondly means LESS commitment for teams entering, it also means at the final tournament dates we can crown the CHAMPIONS!!

The 28th January will be the date for the lower seeded teams, 04th February the date for the higher seeded teams.

In addition, your tournament dates prior to that may have changed
Morpeth- January 7th
Tynemouth- 10 dec, 7 january
NOB- 10 dec, 7 January
Newc Uni A - 3 december (? 7 january also?)
Durham Uni A - 3 december, 10 december
Tigers A - 10 December
Tigers B - 3 December
Durham Uni B - 3 decemebr, 7 January
Newc Uni B - 3 december, 10 december
Hexham - 3 Decemeber, 10 December, 7 January

Thankyou for your patience and support with this, I know it's been frustrating!!

Gail
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:55 pm

Just before anybody points out my typos . . . . .
I know you GB types can't do 4th Feb, it's in hand!
I'll confirm everything once all the other teams have replied Smile
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:27 pm

28th January Tournament

There are still a few yet to pay for the tournament on 28th January.
The list of people who HAVE paid is below. Can the rest of you please get your money to Ian ASAP.

PAID - Ramz, Tonks, Ledger, Nicky, Paul B, Ben and Scott.
By my thinking this leaves- Andy, Matt, plus 3 who played on Nickys team ?who played?

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:32 am

George and meg are sorted, their money went to Ian with cash for Sunday morning and the last remaining person was Ian! Controversial!
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:34 pm

George and meg are sorted, their money went to Ian with cash for Sunday morning and the last remaining person was Ian! Controversial!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOCAL LEAGUE   LOCAL LEAGUE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOCAL LEAGUE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2