Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Open letter to the river

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

Open letter to the river Empty
PostSubject: Open letter to the river   Open letter to the river Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:39 pm

I don't have your email, address, mobile number or twitter handle. We aren't friends on facebook. So I hope you read my blog. First off, this isn't an apology. It's an explanation. You can take it as a warning if you want, of what is to come, but I feel that it's only right that I keep you informed on my plans. You probably thought I was getting tired. Maybe you thought you were winning. Last week you got a little break, your wounds began to heal over and for the first time in weeks you felt like you were recovering from the twice-daily rounds of punishment I inflicted upon your salty blue fundament. I was not being neglectful of my training, I didn't forget about you. In fact, I grew more and more anxious and enthusiastic about our regular encounters with every hour I spent away from you. I longed for the heat that my muscles produce as I punish you, bludgeon you into near submission with thousands of strikes per hour. I spent afternoons lamenting the sensation that my heart might break through my sternum, that my lungs could burst like a balloon filled with one burning breath too many. I slept less soundly having not devoted hours of my day to your torment. I have a job to do, and it is at your expense. So, this letter is to inform you that I'm not just "back". I'm not only just here, again, as I was over the past weeks. This week, and the week after will be different. It will be harder for you. You are going to bleed, you'll feel like giving up, giving in to the anguish, the repetitive and unrelenting nature of the torture. I'm not giving up on you, and I hope you don't give up either. I need you to take all the punishment I can dispense. There will come a final blow, and then it will be calm. You can look forward to that, if you must. There will come a day when I won't be here anymore, bringing you so close to death that you almost pine for it. It might be difficult to imagine now, river beast, but I think you'll miss me when I'm gone. Here's to a few more good weeks. Sleep well.

thought is would be worth a read for some people I thought it was great its from Adam Van Koeverden's blog

http://www.vankayak.com/blog/2012/4/9/open-letter-to-the-river.html
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

Open letter to the river Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open letter to the river   Open letter to the river Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:58 pm

very motivational, I had a go of the monster this morning and I reckon I won!

the pool monster's getting it tonight!
Back to top Go down

Open letter to the river
Page 1 of 1