Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CLUB CHAMPS 2009

Go down 
+5
johnflitcroft
Patrick
Tonksie
Nicky
andyrhu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
andyrhu

andyrhu

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 5:12 pm

Right then a few people have asked me what the teams are going to be at club champs so i am listing them below so if people continue to ask me then i will just say look at the forum from now on Razz

The cost is £14 each so can team captains please collect the money and bring it on tuesday thanks

A TEAM

Andy
Scott
Nicky
Daz
Sim
Duncan

B TEAM

Matt
Paul Ramz
Grant
Patty
Paul Bone
Katie

C Team

John Flitcroft
Francis
Mark Ledger
Tonksey
Andrew Martin

LADIES TEAM

Katie
Gail
Helen
Rachel Smith
Emma Taylor
Rachel Smith

Yes two different rachel smiths honest!!!
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:03 pm

right,

First thing, how mint is it having 4 teams going to national champs! Good work! It's gonna be mint!

What's happening travel arrangements wise.

Who's driving and when are people fancying going? we may as well travel together to save costs if it works?

Darren's travelling down on Friday afternoon, and is taking Andrew Martin. he can't really give anyone else a lift unless they're heading off to Nottingham straight after...

I'm getting a lift down with me mam and dad on friday night, but won't be setting off 'til after 9...

I hope that everyone's got their boats black and sorted when they're getting kit etc, or asked someone else nicely to get it.

Over the weekend, I thought that it'd be nice if we could have a bbq together, but this doesn't need sorting until Saturday and if the weather's awful we can go for a carvery.

The other thing that I'd like to do this weekend is have a chance to have individual coaching meetings to give people a few pointers as to how to improve and what they need to concentrate on in order to progress both in terms of training and competing. Give me a shout if you'd like to have one and we can sort a time that fits in over the weekend...

If you've got any questions, stick them here as other people have probably got the same questions.

See you all on Tuesday!

Nicky
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Ok, as a newbie to polo I have a few questions:

Where is the event? (post code for sat nav?)

What time does the competition start/finish?

How does the competition work? (is it round robin/ knockout)

Could the C team use a sub (if we could find one)?

Where are people staying? If camping where is the campsite and does anyone know if its a dog friendly site? (coz if not I need to find a dog sitter quickly!)

I'll put any more up as I think of them,

Cheers,

Tonksie
Back to top Go down
Patrick

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:26 pm

Old Thorne Road, Hatfield, Doncaster, DN7 6EQ.

Get there friday night/ finishes Sunday afternoon around 3/4 you should be away

The competition works in mini leagues then knockout.

Not sure about the sub.

It is on site camping and im pretty sure you can take dogs.
Back to top Go down
johnflitcroft

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:19 am

Nicky

I would appreicate some individual coaching.
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:39 pm

Ok then folks, I have arranged a dog sitter anyway so there will be space in my car for 2 persons from newcastle or a quick pick up from the centre on the way down.

I was aiming to leave about afternoonish but that might change depending on when rachel finishes work.

Also we only have a massive tent so there will be a spare 2 man compartment for sleeping if anyone is short of a sleeping space.

So, in summary, does anyone want a lift or sleeping compartment?

Cheers,

Tonksie
Back to top Go down
helen

helen

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:38 pm

please can i have a lift?
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:09 pm

that leaves just one seat left from the toon!
Back to top Go down
helen

helen

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:42 am

thanks

will we be going via the centre? or do i need to ask someone to pick me up a boat and kit?
Back to top Go down
johnflitcroft

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:28 am

Dont need a lift from the toon but want to car share from the centre.

Tonksie, I will take one of those spaces in your tent.
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Ok turns out i am coming!!! gonna get there for about 9.30 on sat. Can anyone give me a lift back on the sunday? I getting a lift down with the girlfriend but gonna need transport back up.

Thanks
Duncan
Back to top Go down
https://teestigers.forum.st
andyrhu

andyrhu

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:19 pm

yeah no worries mate i will be able to bring you back
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:27 pm

sweet!! See some of u tonight at training!! (tho i am with the kiddies not the big boys..)
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:13 pm

I can go via the centre to pick up kit but i dont have a fob to access the centre so would need to arange to meet someone there.

What time do you need a lift from the centre John?
Back to top Go down
johnflitcroft

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:18 am

Will be going straight from work, so will prob get there between 6 and 630. Got a fob too.

What time you shooting off?

Last edited by johnflitcroft on Wed May 20, 2009 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:15 pm

depends on rachels work, she might be able to get an early shoot about 3 ish but maybe not.
Back to top Go down
francis

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:08 pm

I'll be heading down after work on friday. Probably picking a boat and stuff up on Thursday night if I get back early enough. I'll have one spare seat there and back from the center.

Francis
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:44 pm

Ok, I have a mate who used to play with me at nottingham who would like to play for us at Nat Champs. He is in doncaster anyway and is desperate for water time. He would not be embarrassed in our A team and can play in our out of nets. Oh yeh and his name is Bambi....

I would not suggest he plays for the A team as this will be one of our few opportunities to play together and get pushed in a harder league. But i think he would fit in well in the B team. It's your decision, maybe with Katie playing two leagues it might be useful to have another sub or an extra goalie.

Failing that i do think he would be an asset to the C team aswell, tho i know that isn't his preference. A sub and someone with some experience would help not hinder i think. Still it's your choice.

If anyone has any objections to him coming/playing for either team let me know.

thanks
duncan
Back to top Go down
Patrick

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:57 pm

No the fluffy bunnies sent me off at BUSA.

Nah for me its up to katie whether she would want to give up her position on the B team. I dont want to play with more people as it means less game time. Also the thing you said about the A team playing together goes for the B team even more, especially with me not been able to train with the rest of the team. We also need to iron out a lot of mistakes as a team that leads to us been very inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Although i do agree he would be a great assest i think this competition is a little late notice and will be required as you say for the A as a chance to play together i also think this stands for the B team i would not recomend adding to our squad although you make a valid point about katie which has been a concern of mine i think adding another player would confuse the situation further as we need players within our team to fullfill the roles they will be needed for in later competitions ie goal keeping, i think the B team is going to hit a phase of dissagreement as many players will want to fill position which others are more suited to and adding bambi to the team will further give them a chance to do avoid realising and accepting this.

however the C team may want bambi as i belive they are only taking five players.
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:21 pm

I'm not sure I speak for all the C team but I for one would welcome another experienced member on to the team. As I hinted at in my earlier questions i would prefer a 6 man team for a couple of reasons being;

1- It will be our first competition together, and as we haven't played as a full team before I don't see a problem including an experienced player into the team.

2- I playing for the C team at the end of the season with only 5 players and got injured in the first of 5 games on the night. This meant the rest of the team had to carry me for the remiander of the night, an experience I don't wish to repeat.

I know Duncan said he would rather not play on the C team, but I think the other guys raised fair concerns in previous posts.

Just my thoughts,

Cheers,

Tonksie
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:44 am

That's fine then i totally understand your points. Unless the other C team players object i will let him know he's playing with the C team.

thanks
duncan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUB CHAMPS 2009   CLUB CHAMPS 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CLUB CHAMPS 2009
Page 1 of 1