Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Refereeing Weekend

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulb

Refereeing Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Refereeing Weekend   Refereeing Weekend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Everyone.

I've just found out that this years Refs weekend will be on 5+6/9/09, but it's in Banbury near Oxford

There will be a ref's course on the Saturday (all Grades) and on the Sunday there will be a competition so that people can be assessed to complete their qualification. There is also a cash prize to convince people to compete on the Sunday and make the refereeing more interesting.

I know it's a long way to go but this is the only ref's course before the national league starts and the competitions are going to be held on the same nights this year, so it's going to be very difficult to give you same level of support as last year.

If your interested in going please post below.
I might be able to go if you need someone to make up numbers.

Paul B
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

Refereeing Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Weekend   Refereeing Weekend Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:31 pm

I'll do it, but perhaps we could have a session where all the rules are explained and called properly whilst training so that i/we don't go there and look like monkeys (not tigers!)

I'm sure I don't know most of the rules and i guess i'm not alone, the old "i'm new at polo" excuse is gonna start to run out soon, and learning as we go along is fine until we need to go on this sort of course.
Back to top Go down
andyrhu

andyrhu

Refereeing Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Weekend   Refereeing Weekend Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:07 pm

I will be going along to this and i would expect at least another THREE people from the A team to go along also

i do not want to be doing all of the refereeing this winter..... although i need to pass the exam first!!!!!

I agree with tonksie on the rules session i think we should try and organise a few hours to sit and go through the rule book in a logical order and talk through the rules. anyone up for this? how about a tues instead of training or a thursday night?
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

Refereeing Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Weekend   Refereeing Weekend Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:42 pm

sounds good to me. especially at the moment!!
Back to top Go down
kris wilko

Refereeing Weekend Empty
PostSubject: national league polo   Refereeing Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:48 pm

is the national league the competition in the dolphin center like last year?
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

Refereeing Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Weekend   Refereeing Weekend Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 3:03 pm

national league is what the senior teams play in, and very serious stuff! The Dolphin centre ones are local league where we only play against people from near here.

The Dolphin Centre League will happen again this year, and you will find out what's going on soon enough. National league is not really for you yet, but you might get to play if you keep improving and one of the teams needs an extra player.

Nicky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Refereeing Weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refereeing Weekend   Refereeing Weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refereeing Weekend
Page 1 of 1