Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WWR - Tour de Nord

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nicky

Nicky

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:34 pm

It's only a couple of weeks now until the Tour of the North. (28/29 Nov)

This is an ideal opportunity to get your bum in a river racer and have a splash about in a proper comp. well 3 comps in fact! Saturday starts with a classic event (about 15 mins) on the North Tyne, starts at 10:30 so there shoul dbe enough time for a practice run down... Then off to Teesside for a sprint up to 2 mins starting at 17:00.

Sunday kicks off on the Tees with a race from egglestone bridge to cotherstone. This race starts at 10:30 so you'll get the afternoon free!

You can enter just 1, or all three, just sat, just sun, whatever!

A few people are coming up to race too, so it should be a good social if you want to join in...

Give me a shout if you're interested (asap as we'll have to find some boats from somewhere...)

Speak soon

Nicky
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:43 pm

Sorry this clashes with Our Div 4 National league in Stockport, I think!
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:44 pm

what about the Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Gail

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Nicky, we've a couple wwr boats at our club if you need, I can arrange a pass out for them!
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:41 am

How water tight are they?

are they fibre glass, or actual whoppers?

If we get any interest, I think that we'll definately need to take you up on that...

Nicky
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:08 pm

I was goosed after the last tournament! No subs is hard work for fat people!!
Back to top Go down
Gail

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:45 pm

they're actually really good ones. plastic, like tihe ones me and Daz fetched from Darlo, the time we had no straps.
Ok, thats really awful spelling and grammar. I unfortunately cannot transport them, but just let me know if you need and will see what we can sort out. I can always arrange food for the driver!!
Give me a call if you want them nicky.
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:18 am

hmm i might be able to do this =) i would like to too =D
Back to top Go down
Allins

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:54 pm

hi

Who is organising the 'Tour du Nord' Nicky? is it a national series thing, or a local TT thing - serious or 'fun' (of coure, they are all fun...)?. adults only? or adults & juniors?
Excuse my ignorance.
thanks

Linda
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:09 pm

various people running the various races.

I'm not that good at knowing what to do at river races, but think that it works like slalom. It says that the classic races are not for novices, but I don't think you count as one of them!

I think river racing just counts as slalom does in that kids race against adults. The teesside sprint will be a good one, so I'd aim to do that one and either of the others if you can make it...

There is an entry form on the river racing website that you can pre enter with, but i think you can just enter on the day. I think I'm gonna pre enter, but I know how much of a pain it is getting everyone entering on the day!

details of organisers is here: http://www.wildwater.org.uk/index.php?option=com_jcalpro&Itemid=59 just click on the various dates on the calendar.

the entry form is here: http://www.wildwater.org.uk/index.php/Mail-Entry-Form.html

let me know if there's anything else.

Nicky

p.s. anyone can race in div B so there's no need to get ranked or anything, you can just race.
Back to top Go down
Allins

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Thanks Nicky

Will have a look and see can get to maybe the Tees one.

Linda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WWR - Tour de Nord Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWR - Tour de Nord   WWR - Tour de Nord Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWR - Tour de Nord
Page 1 of 1