Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spare change for a good cause?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rachel

Spare change for a good cause? Empty
PostSubject: Spare change for a good cause?   Spare change for a good cause? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi all,

A friend of mine from uni just posted this on our forum and I thought it might be of interest to some of you:

Next month I'll be setting out on a 3000 mile sea kayak trip around Britain. My sister was recently diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, which is a disease of the intestine and causes a lot of pain and discomfort, and I'm hoping to raise some cash for - and awareness - for the National Association for Colitis and Crohn's. The condition comes in bursts of a couple of weeks every so often, and though the symptoms can be treated, there is no cure as yet. Some symptoms are internal and external bleeding, urgent diarrhoea, cramps, scarring and ulcers on stomach lining, fatigue and potentially dangerous weight loss. It is possible to die from the condition, though thankfully this is rare.

I'll be kayaking with a mate, and his chosen charity is WaterAid. Having said that, we're both raising money for both charities together - it's all being split equally so it's not really "his charity and mine". People have generally heard more about WaterAid than NACC so I won't go into WaterAid here, though if you want to know more about either then there's information and links on our website.

We're hoping to raise £20,000, ie £10,000 for each charity, and if you fancy having a look round the website and feel generous, any help you can give would be great. No pressure, I realise you're still students! ;-) [well, most of you!]

http://www.gonepaddling.co.uk

It looks incredible, it's going to take them around 5 months. Basically I'm just sending this message out incase anyone wants to sponsor anything. I'm not expecting you to but I'm sure James would appreciate even 50p more and it's the whole 'every little helps' thing.

PS if you donate don't forget to tick the gift aid box - that money comes from the government and is extra to your donation.

Rachel
Back to top Go down

Spare change for a good cause?
Page 1 of 1