Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paddles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
johnflitcroft

Paddles Empty
PostSubject: Paddles   Paddles Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Been looking into getting some paddles and tried a few at London. Managed to get some prices of some of which are listed below.

Double Dutch - £170
Lettmann LCS 70 - £310
Galasport Polo Contact Elite/Laki - £180
Brasca Polo Kinetic Min & Max - £180
Streamlyte - £150

My favourite are the Lettmann blades. I "heard" they were bomb proof and if you broke them, they would be repaired/replaced. But I dont know if this is just a rumour. Even though they are my favourite and maybe bomb proof, dont think I can justify the cost. So thinking of going for the Brasca.

Just need advice on feather and length or is there a standard?

I know you can get a feather to suit but up until now, I've just got use to whatever I use. As for length, pretty much the same.
Back to top Go down
dcresser

dcresser

Paddles Empty
PostSubject: paddles   Paddles Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:51 pm

200cm-202cm and the feather is upto you. but science says 72 degree is the one for the most power transfer
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

Paddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddles   Paddles Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:47 pm

lettman did have a lifetime guarantee, but don't anymore, but if they start falling to bits and it's not your fault they are very good at replacing them, so long as you get them to Germany!

Never heard of the ones you're getting though, have you tried them? What they like?

nicky
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

Paddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddles   Paddles Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:18 am

the brasca's seem alrite, alot of new zealand paddlers use em so i dont know where they are made. 2 be honest i think in terms of blade shape and weight i think double dutch are the best but they do have a reputation for breaking however. Streamlyte's seem not to break and if they are a bit cheaper i would get them.

darren sed gud things on length and angle.
Back to top Go down
https://teestigers.forum.st
johnflitcroft

Paddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddles   Paddles Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:41 am

Just out of interest, what paddles do teams around the world use?

My second choice would of been double dutch but because of that breakage rumour, it slipped down in my choice of paddles...

Also regarding the feather. Is 80 degrees standard? cause that is what is written on the Lettmann website and at Hatfield, the guy that was selling Streamlytes said the same thing...
Back to top Go down
ianD

Paddles Empty
PostSubject: Paddles   Paddles Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:54 am

I think feather is more about what you feel comfortable with. My slalom blades are at about 45 degrees which means less twisting of the stationary wrist. What I normally do is get them ready to glue then tape them up and go for a test paddle (nothing to hard).

I don't know if there is a prefered angle for polo to make blocking or goal keeping easier....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paddles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paddles   Paddles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paddles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tees Tigers :: General Chat :: Chat and stuff-
Jump to: