Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct Empty
PostSubject: B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct   B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:32 pm

Firstly I would like to say thanks to Scott for reffing for the B team at this competition it made it much easier for me and other players who would otherwise have had to reff.

Secondly I would like to thank Mark, Caffery and Andrew for playing for us on such short notice you saved the night and probably the season for the B team so thanks.

Results:
FOA C v TEES B = Loss
DERBY v TEES B = Win
MANCHESTER v TEES B = Win
FOA Z v TEES B = Win
MORPETH v TEES B = Loss

So 3 wins and 2 losses making it not a tragic result but not what I would have liked to happen.
A breakdown of the games.

FOA C:
We played very poorly against FOA we were not organised mostly down to the mix of players we had on the night this lead to fundamental mistakes which ended up costing us a game that was well within our ability.

DERBY:
We played much better and more structured after our team talk but still with some mistakes, Derby were clearly the weaker team and an easy win for us.

MANCHESTER:
Followed much the same sequence of events as the previous game with a satisfying win and yet further improvement on team work and standard of play.

FOA Z:
this was our best game of the night with a 1-0 victory, we scored early in the first half and used our greater possession skill to win the game using two players to pin their zoners in at most points although this was highlighted as not being as effective enough if their team had been more coordinated at pushing fives. Our other three players found it easy to keep the ball free with some good movement at times against their poor attempt at push out. We held possession for the entire second half of the game making it a very valid win for us.

MORPETH:
This game was intended to be very similar to the previous. it started out in the same manner an early goal put us up 1-0 following that we retained possession easily against their flat three defence, this carried on into the second half as planned the game was going perfectly to plan. however as we entered that last 3minutes of the second half for some reason the ball started to move into the zone this posed a huge problem as we did not need the risk of changing possession with our obvious lack of a goal keeper. As Morpeth gained possession from a blocked shot they managed to score a goal bring the score level at this point players then took it upon themselves to have as many attempts at scoring as they could this lead to us conceding yet another and left the final score 2-1 to Morpeth. This was disastrous in comparison to our first half with players ignoring the risk involved in attempting to score and our blatant superiority in play possession.

Summary:
Basically I have a list of things the B Team will need to work on as follows:
1) Goalkeeping to be done by all B Team players, no surprise their
2) Discipline on the pitch and the weighing up of risk of actions against specific opponents
3) regular training as a team and I do mean a full team I expect every player to attend the majority of pool sessions, I do not want the team to go to another tournament and improve in playing together and finding roles to play on the pitch as the night goes on that is to be done in training sessions a competition is where we should be playing our peak of playing standard and should know exactly what we are going to do in each and every game against each opponent.

Overall it was a positive result for the B Team and should allow us a solid chance of reaching our goal of promotion into DIV2 ready for next season.

Any players who played or in fact anyone feel free to express your view on what I have said or how you think the night went and what should be done to move forward.

Thanks,
Matt
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct   B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:45 am

will all b team players also post to show they have actually read the post above thanks
Back to top Go down
ianD

PostSubject: Re: B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct   B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:14 pm

I have read it
Back to top Go down
stephenmarkjackson

stephenmarkjackson

PostSubject: Re: B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct   B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:41 am

I have read it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct   B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B Team Review of DIV3 3rd Oct
Page 1 of 1