Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

D Team for Div 4 in york

Go down 
+8
Friend of Andy Dancer
Gail
Rachel
Roswitha
Sim
Duncan
Nicky
Tonksie
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tonksie

Tonksie

D Team for Div 4 in york Empty
PostSubject: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:57 pm

I understand that the D team is looking a bit short for the next tournement in york on the 6th March.

Myself and Phil will be traveling back to play from the div 1 in bala and then going back there for the sunday.

Mark, Andrew and (i assume Matt) are deffinatly not playing as they have their first race of the season on the Sunday.

I undersatand that Fern may not be coming either as the weekend now clashes with a rodeo somewhere.

So if anyone wants to play, and hasn't played for us(or the C team) yet in National League this year please let us know if your available.

I have no idea who has played for the C team this year but i guess the list of eligable players from within the club is shrinking.

Mark said that Rachel may be interested in playing for us.

Please don't worry about if your up to it either as there is nothing riding on the results as Liverpool and Scotland already have the promotion places tied up for this year. scratch If you wanna play and fancy having a look at the standard of Div 4 first hand come and join us.

Anyone interested please reply to this post. ( the C team might use it as a call up sheet as well!)
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:44 pm

this commitment is appauling!

I am appauled, etc etc etc...

why are people dropping out of tournaments so frequently? When you commit to a team you commit to the team for the whole season rather than the dates that you fancy going to unless something else crops up that you'd prefer to go to.

Too many times this season we have had people dropping out of tournaments for rubbish reasons.

Francis, I presume you are talking about the student rodeo? I really hope you reconsider this decision and son't drop your team in it.

I also have the first prem race of the season on the Sunday, a national league polo tournament in Leeds on Saturday and WWR GB selection... I am not letting my team down, despite us more than exceeding our season's goal of securing a position in th eleague suitably far away from demotion. (We are currently second with a srong chance of reaching playoffs with only 1 tournament to go...) (and for the record, I have no intention of getting to div 1 this year as i don't think that the team are up to it yet, but still i do not see it as an excuse to not turn up...)

When you don't turn up to play several things happen...

1) your team don't do so well as the whole team aren't there
2) your team mates have to find someone else to play
3) if they can't they have to pay for an eveneing of rubbish polo with less than enough players to field a team.
4) your team members stop likeing polo as much as it's a ball ache trying to get a team together and it's expensive travellng all that way with a second rate effort, so pack in there is no team next year.
5) you don't meet your targets and end up stuck in a low grade division playing against people who you are miles better than (on the days you decide to turn up)
6) the list goes on and on on the negative side of things, I don't really like looking on the negative side too much, but i can't think of any positives coming from letting your team down...

I will not take any criticism for entering too many teams this year. I had 16 names committed in april (to division 4) when teams had to be selected and entered, now there seems to be about 3 willing to play. We need to start thinking about how many teams we enter into national league next year. At the moment, 1 maybe 2. The club stands behind all of the teams to support financially if anything goes wrong. Deciding you'd like to do something else instead is not a good enough reason for the club to step in, so tonksie, if you are short, I'd be expecting your team mates to step in and cover the costs...

I think that next year, if the club is to back a team in national league, we need the season's fees upfront...
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:33 pm

It's probably worth saying that Nicky has the support of the committee in saying this. Basically we want polo to be good competitive fun for all involved at the Tigers and the situ with Div 4 at the moment isn't that.

We know it isn't always that simple and we are not trying to berate people for no reason but this situ could and should be avoided, that's all.

P.S. well done tonksie for trying to sort thsi out with a bit of time still to go
Back to top Go down
https://teestigers.forum.st
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:07 am

Glad I didn't respond with a crap version of this earlier, waited and let the big guns in.

But they're right this is shocking, nowt to do with me and I'm sick of hearing it lol, so ppl it's about must be if not anything fed up of ppl going, sort it out..

It's the club your representing.... A lil respect to that fact will go a long way.
Back to top Go down
Roswitha

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:52 am

If you can't find anybody else, I would be happy to play on the 6th of March! Ros
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Hey,

I thought the D team weren't going to this tournament in the end?

Well I can go, you're lucky I'm here that weekend - it makes a change! I can drive if need be but I'd like people in my car to share the petrol costs Smile

Ros it looks like you might be needed! We'll have to step up for the boys won't we?!

PS, if you don't have enough people would we be allowed to take any of the semi decent people from Durham?

Rach
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:00 pm

yes, we used TK at the start of the season.

Also Mark may now play if we need him as I'm giving him a lift to Wales!(and york and wales and then home!! Razz )

So that would be 5 if you and Roz are happy to be D teamers. Anyone else is welcome to join us though as I'm sure Mark would rather concentrate on Slalom and only play if we need him!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:05 am

If you are very very desperate, I can play too. . . . .
You would have to be desperate tho!!!
xxx
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:42 pm

Make sure these ppl haven't played in another team in div4 or above.
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:19 am

Well me and Ros were in the D team before, and we've only done the div 2 ladies but I guess that counts as different. Is the D team in div 4 or div 3?
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:59 am

Yea that's fine you can play no worries as womens is a different league
they are in div 4
Back to top Go down
Gail

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 am

I haven't played any mixed before, just the ladies.
Back to top Go down
dunksm

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:35 pm

if you are short for div 4 at york my son liam moffat could play hes plays tees lge 1 for kingston and nat youth and is looking to play nat lge let me know duncan
Back to top Go down
markl

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:28 pm

Right, plan for the weekend

The team is Roz, Rachel, Tonksie, Phil and me. Thank you girls for helping us out last minute!

The tournament starts at 5pm in York (Yearsley Swimming Pool, YO31 8SB). Since we’re playing first game, I think we should aim to get there early to give us time to get ready and warmed up properly. Personally I’ll be getting there for 4pm.

Transport

Tonksie and Phil are travelling to York straight from their slalom in Wales. Because of this they could potentially have to take up to 5 boats.

Roz and Rachel – The rest of us have already sorted out transport so it’d be best if you could travel down together. Do you have each others numbers to arrange this yourselves?
In addition, Roz, if your car can handle the extra boats it would help Tonksie out a lot if you could pick up His and Phil’s boats when you pick Rachel’s up, so that they don’t have to cart them down to Wales, York then Wales again unnecessarily. What do you think? If that’s ok we can sort the details out later.

I will be travelling down separately. Then travelling to Wales with either Tonksie or my dad depending on whether we can change the accommodation booking.
Tonksie - If Roz can‘t pick up the any extra boats I could help in two ways:
If my dad decides to go to Wales (and he has a room to stay in), our car can handle my Slalom/Polo boats..So you’d only have to transport 4.
If he goes Home after the polo and I get a lift with you, he should be able to take your/Phil’s polo boats home. That’d mean that you’d just have to transport the three slalom boats on Sunday.

Can everyone make sure they bring their £14 entry fees, their BCU MEMBERSHIP CARDS and a POLO BALL if possible (I’ve recently lost mine, so we need to make sure we have a few there).

See you all Wednesday
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:17 am

I was under the impression that this tournement was already paid for!

this was in the email i got

I've also attached a playlist and a team sheet for the final tournament in York on Sat Mar 6th
(Note: no one needs to pay for that tournament)

were on first match but should be done by 8.30 so an early exit is on the cards for once!

Mark, i've had no luck getting hold of the b&b yet but i'll keep trying.
Back to top Go down
Paulb

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Yes, the tournament is tecnicaly paid for but the money needs to go back into the club to pay for next years team entry.

Paul b
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Ros

Are you alright to drive? I could drive if you can't but I'd probably rather not cause I've got to drive to Sheffield on Sunday so sorting out roof racks etc will be hassle! But if you can't/don't want to I can drive.

Rach
Back to top Go down
Roswitha

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:12 am

Hi Rachel,
yes, I can drive. The thing is I've had some problems with my tendon and although it's getting better it would be wise to rest it - are we now six with Gail? If so I should probably not go and rest. If we are still only five with Gail, I'll come. Will you be there tonight? Ros
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:15 am

Oh dear well we don't want you hurting yourself!! I guess you won't be there tonight then? I'll be there if anyone wants to sort anything out.

If anyone needs it my mobile number is zero7868 53five five21 (sorry about the weird format it's just to stop robots getting my number!)

Gail, can you still do Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:02 pm

pesky robots, they are causing soo much trouble nowadays....
Back to top Go down
https://teestigers.forum.st
Gail

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:58 pm

Aaargh!!
Rach, my body does not like me!! I am ill, again!
Mark said I wasn't needed so my body decided now would be a good time to attack itself . . . .
Good luck finding another player!! A couple of other people did volunteer I think!
xxx
Back to top Go down
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Oh dear Gail that doesn't sound good! Hope you get better soon!! xx
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:02 am

right new d team is

Me Mark Phil Rachel TK
Back to top Go down
dunksm

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:39 am

hi paul contacted me to confirm liam was playing sat night ive rang him and repyed to message on here no reply is this still the case as he is looking foreward to let me know thanks duncan
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:18 am

yes i believe he is playing in our c team
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D Team for Div 4 in york   D Team for Div 4 in york Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D Team for Div 4 in york
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next