Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

B team BREAKING NEWS!

Go down 
+10
dunksm
stephenmarkjackson
Duncan
Patrick
Sim
Ramz
andyrhu
Tonksie
helen
Friend of Andy Dancer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

B team BREAKING NEWS! Empty
PostSubject: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:09 pm

I recived the following e-mail today from Liz informing me of a situation that has arisen regarding the 13th of March
All players please respond ASAP and let me know if you can make the 3rd of April instead.

I fear i may not be avaliable for this new date due to my exams but i will have to check more.

"Hi all,this email was sent to me from dave plowman.
There has been a mix up with the booking for the 13th March at Stockport.
They had it down as the 13th february and so were expecting us on that date... This mix up appears to have been due to crossed emails...
They only have one free date to play the replacement tournament on which is the 3rd April.
Please can you ask the teams due to play if they can make this new date.
if not we will have to sort out some other arrangements.
So please can you let me know if you are available to play on the 3rd april so that i can inform dave plowman. Should their be any complaints please direct them to dave plowman via email on dave.plowman@canoepolo.org.uk

thanks liz
p.s i need a reply a.s.a.p no later than friday 26th february"

So let me know asap so i can reply in time.

Thanks,
Matt
Back to top Go down
helen

helen

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:24 pm

matt the 3rd of April is during the Easter holidays, so a exams shouldnt be an issue!!
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:59 pm

BUT tully is an issue! thats the day your racing the div 2!
Back to top Go down
andyrhu

andyrhu

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:39 pm

from what i understand from Duncan Moffat, dave ploughman is not giving duncan any leeway in choosing alternative dates for this if teams cant make it. if teams due to play dont turn up then it appears that they will obviously not get any points,,,,, extremly unreasonable i believe. however all leagues need to be completed before the playoffs and pool dates are at a premium!!!!

i think as the b team is in a good position in the league then attending this tournament (if it is decided that April 3rd is the only option) should be more important that attending slalom as committments were made at the beginning of the season.

also on this day is the Local league div 2 at the dolly and some 1 needs to find players to fill our kids team as they have decided tully is more important.
Back to top Go down
Ramz

Ramz

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Im free to play on the 3rd.

PS
Cud you post the latest Div 3 table.

Ramz
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Ramsey I will sort that out for you Ramsey Smile

as far as comitment goes I don't belive it applies here as in the c and d teams as this was not a date that anyone comitted to for the season this is just what we have been landed with and yes if the date doesn't change if required we will field a team that is certain

thanks
matt
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:57 pm

I'm gonna have a little grumble andy, sorry.

Its not my team so it doesn't affect me directly but to just put out a blanket statement that slalom is not as important as polo is gonna nark(if i swear it will only get edited out!) me and a probably a lot of other people off.

At the moment i think the club is made up of about half polo players who enjoy slalom and half slalom paddlers who enjoy polo. As such peoples priorites will differ, for me during the slalom season(march to octber) slalom will always take priority. During the winter polo takes priority and slalom fits in around it. This is obviously just me and other people will be the reverse, I have no problem with that at all.

I do however feel that slalom can play a highly benificail role in the development of all canoeist.

What takes priority is what you want to do, because if your doing something you don't want to do you'll soon find excuses not to do it any more, which is bad for the individual, the club and the sport in general.

The reason most of the kids are going to Tully is the fact that they and anyone else from the club will be able to get a weeks worth of sessions on one of the best sites in the country for learning white water skills, general canoeing skills and edge control, which is something all members of the club could benifit from (both Polo and Slalom bias paddlers). And from what i have gathered most of the kids think of themselves as slalom paddlers who enjoy playing polo.

I understand that your a bit miffed about local league, but with easter being early this year I guess a clash of interests was always going to happen. I think you do a great job organising local league, and you know that if I can i'll always lend a hand, but it feels like this years league has dragged on for ages. To me to avoid these issues it has to run in the 4 months that a large proportion of the clubs members aren't slaloming. Is that feasable? or could it maybe just be one slightly larger division?

and as a final point, this div 3 has only just been rearranged, so to say in what order people arrange their committments is a load of bull. I arranged two race weekends and the joining training week up at Tully about 2 months ago with Matt so surely that then takes priority over a rearangged event in the last week!

Anyway I really hoped that I wouldn't have to have this rant about conflicting committment issues within the club but its been brought up so I've said my bit.

For the record, Matt if you need to go and play polo that weekend it will be a shame as you could/should have had a good result in Scotland(even with the amount of poles you hit!). If you go to play polo and decide to come up on the sunday/monday I'm sure we could arrange a pick up from perth train station for you(maybe even edinburgh if its on the right day!). If you look into trains now you might get a cheap deal.
Back to top Go down
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 am

Matt isn't the only member of the b team. I'm sure it's not a case of "oh if matt's not going", matt being busy does not mean the b team aren't going. At this point in time there are lots of option so let's not start jumping at each other.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:34 pm

I can't make the 3rd but couldnt we hold the comp at tees at some other date should be warm enough by then.
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:42 pm

This is for the committee, is there anychance that the dolphin center or the basin can be used to host our national league competition as it would no doubt get the club some money for its troubles and would be of great help as so far other teams are struggling to get players and we have a bad situation in the tiger camp with 2 no goods, 1 ok and 2 no answer, well its just a thought.

matt
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Could defo do the basin, dunno about the dolphin centre Andy is most likely to know about that.

i think the sticking point will be with the league organiser. I doubt whether he will want to re organise having already re organised once. or what the rules are about holding official nat league stuff outdoors or having only registered pools.

I think the best bet it to send the organiser (dave somebody) an e-mail with your thoughts. Matt can you do that asap?
Back to top Go down
https://teestigers.forum.st
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:55 pm

I already e-mailed them when I posted on here
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:32 pm

elementary my dear Matthew
Back to top Go down
stephenmarkjackson

stephenmarkjackson

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:35 pm

either date is fine for me:)

Tonksie, i think the main problem with dodging out on a polo evening is that it affects the rest of the team whereas with slalom you only let yourself down by missing it. Then again i have no idea how slalom works so if you do it in teams ignore me!
Back to top Go down
dunksm

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 9:08 pm

hi we are trying to get another pool poss newcastle on the original date 13 march matt knows will keep you informed as soon as we know dunks lge ord div 3
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:09 am

As duncan said I will keep you posted about changes so don't make any plans :p it appears Ivan is checking avaliability of west Denton pool for the competition

as far as this abandoning my team goes I belive other than Ramsey you all have bailed atleast once on the original dates and I am struggling to make a date that I did not say I was avaliable so surely I am not bailing on a tournament I just appear to be as busy as some of you were earlier in the year

Thanks
matt
Back to top Go down
Patrick

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 am

Just a provisional heads up i am away from the 30th of march till the 7th of april, so these dates are a no go for me.
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:35 am

Cheers patty
Back to top Go down
ianD

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:52 pm

I would have trouble making the 3rd April.

I had blanked out the original date in my calender
Back to top Go down
ivanthorn

PostSubject: Fear not, dear paddlers   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:36 am

Fear not ye who hail from more southerly climes than myself.

the polo will be held at West Denton pool on the 13th March, starting at 3.30pm

Ray and I have sorted the pool and will make sure the goals are fully repaired, etc. We are aiming to make a bit of a thing of it, being the first National league tournament, ever, in the North East! So if you have any friends, relatives, etc. who can give you support, why not bring them along.

The pool is booked until 8.30pm, so home early as well.

Morpeth have volunteered to erect and put away the goals, etc. saying as we know the pool better than anyone else. Full directions to follow, but it is not even 2 minutes off the A1, just North of the Tyne.
Back to top Go down
Duncan
Admin
Duncan

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 am

Good work ivan, we appreciate the effort. Is a much better solution than moving dates and mixing everyone around.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:08 am

Can we start to sort some type of plan out for the 13th March.

I am back in teesside then, could i get a lift with someone please?
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:47 am

Ok a plan so here goes

players:
matt
patty
ste
Paul b
tonksie

location Newcastle
so that means me and tonksie will be in Newcastle I think but without my boat maybe
that leaves ste Paul and patty in stockton Paul has a roof rack so he should probably give a lift, the comp starts at 3 but I can be more accurate when I get a playlist

Thanks
matt
Back to top Go down
Paulb

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:13 am

No worries, I don't mind driving. Should we meet at the center at 2pm and leave as soon as the cars packed. Is Ramsey not playing in this one?

Paul B
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:39 am

No Ramsey isn't I have listed the team above so take a Look
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B team BREAKING NEWS!   B team BREAKING NEWS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B team BREAKING NEWS!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next