Tees Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tees Tigers

Black and Gold....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's

Go down 
+11
Calum
johnflitcroft
Friend of Andy Dancer
dcresser
markl
Tonksie
Katie Sweeting
Scotty 2 Hotty
chaz
Nicky
ivanthorn
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ivanthorn

West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Empty
PostSubject: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:32 am

Hi Tees Tigers,

Just a quickie on two subjects.

[list=1][*]N.E. Regional Polo Training will re-commence on Sunday 17th October at Outer West Pool, West Denton, Newcastle. As last year, the normal session will be a two hour block, at £6 per person for two hours or £3 for one hour, commencing at 3pm.

There are goals, some boats, etc. there for people who maybe can get themselves, but not a boat or paddle, there and the session is open to all. We recognise for some of you, if not most, this represents a bit of a treck, but the session will always be better and more valuable for all those attending, the more people, especially higher level players that come along. Last year a few of you chaps came along regularly, hoping at least the same can make it again this year?

COMPETITION

For the first Sunday though, Sunday 17th October from 12pm to 5pm, we (as in the regional we) will be running a mini polo competition to kick start the sessions. Again, this is open to all whom would like to come along, whether you want to play as a team, or individuals to come together on the day. The emphasis is on having a fun afternoon and again, it would be fab if you guys could support this (even if you can't normally due to distance/other events/etc.).

I know Andy has previosly mentioned that there could be a couple of teams come up for this, but this was when it was simply being discussed as a nice thing to do, so just asking officially. Ray will be sending out a poster I knocked up for him, so you should be informed through canoe-England as well very soon.

If you could let me know interest, etc. that would be smashing; I can check here or you can mail me on canoepolo@live.co.uk

Oh, one final thing about the weekly training. There's no hard rule about having to come every week or anything like that, so if you are ever about and bored on a Sunday afternoon, why not get a little extra training in? Obviously, I am going to try and put as much together before turning up each Sunday, to make the most out of the time, so a little advance would be nice, but not essential as I'm sure we can cope with a few extras turning up; especially when they are likely to improve the standard of the session anyway.

Right, cheers peeps, stay safe and have a nice time.

Oh, bye the way, best of luck to all Tees Tigers teams in this seasons' polo leagues.

Ivan
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:41 am

I'll play! Anyone elese want to join me?

Would be good to get a youth team together, so calum can you otry and round up the troops!

But if that doesn't work, anyone want to come and play on Sunday 17th oct?

Nicky
Back to top Go down
chaz

chaz

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:02 am

It's sowerby bridge that weekend so I won't b there sorry
Back to top Go down
Scotty 2 Hotty

Scotty 2 Hotty

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:17 am

i'll play
Back to top Go down
Katie Sweeting

Katie Sweeting

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:15 am

Il Play Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:07 pm

might do, it depends if were playing national league on the saturday night.
Back to top Go down
markl

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Hey Ivan,
Don't think I can make the first three weeks but should be free to train after that.
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:37 am

Ivan

Can you clarify Ray's email please.

Ray says "No need to get a team together as players will be put into mixed teams selected from the entry forms. This will make the fun competition fairer and better for player development."

Can we enter teams or will it actually be a case that we enter as players and get allocated a team?

Cheers

Nicky
Back to top Go down
ivanthorn

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:11 am

HI Nicky,

Ray has his ideas and I have mine. The idea, from me, and given I'll be organising it, the one that'll happen, is that those who want to play in their team will be allowed to do so. Those who want to be split up can be and this is just to allow individuals to turn up and get a game.

Our own team will be playing as a team given that we have our first D3 the following weekend to this.

What I've found out in the past is that most people will only turn up if their mates are going, hence you get a ready made team already and I would imagine most people will come as a team with a few individuals which I can sort out into 1 or 2 teams on the day.

Tees will be allowed to play in the teams they want to.

Hope this clarifies matters?
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 am

Perfect!

I'll Still come then! Laughing

Nicky
Back to top Go down
dcresser

dcresser

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:04 pm

ill go i need the practice
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:18 pm

i'm in
Back to top Go down
ivanthorn

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:31 am

[markl

Subject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:18 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Ivan,
Don't think I can make the first three weeks but should be free to train after that. ]

Hi Mark,

No problem; be good to see you back when you can make it.

As for the rest of you; be good to catch up on the 17th, thanks for the support.

:-)
Back to top Go down
johnflitcroft

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:55 am

i'm in
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:50 am

right, just a quick one!

We have two teams entered

Me, calum, ben W, ben T, Kris, Brandon, Charlie, so we have 7, the rest will be able to sort out a team. Scott, can you deal wityh the second team please and confirm who and how many are playing?

Darren, you are talking about making a second youth team and I'm happy for you to take two of my players if it helps, but can you talk to all of mine and make sure that they can all make it, I'll see if i can get a couple more from school tonight. You'll have to sort out an entry with Nicola Thorn too.

See you all at training.

Nicky
Back to top Go down
markl

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi Scott,
If its not too late I'd like to play please
Back to top Go down
Friend of Andy Dancer

Friend of Andy Dancer

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:13 am

hey so what are the teams for the weekend ? whos sorting it Scott is it you?

I know of so far :

Me
Scott
Andrew
Ian
Back to top Go down
Tonksie

Tonksie

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:46 am

me
Back to top Go down
Calum

Calum

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:34 pm

nicky brandon is a maybe so that may change things i don't know
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:25 pm

he said that he was coming on Monday when i asked him...
Back to top Go down
Ramz

Ramz

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:02 pm

Ill play if needed, I might need a lift if my roof-rack isn't put on my then

Ramz
Back to top Go down
ianD

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:35 am

I will not be there
Back to top Go down
Scotty 2 Hotty

Scotty 2 Hotty

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:10 am

people that said they are going

Me
Matt
Andrew
Phil Dean (needs a lift I think)
Ledger
Tonksie
Daz
Ste (needs to leave early)
Ramo
John F

so still a few spaces for anyone who still would like to go and be in a tiger team
Back to top Go down
Ramz

Ramz

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:12 pm

I still might need a lift
Back to top Go down
Bev Wilkinson

Bev Wilkinson

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:29 pm

can anyone take a little fella with them please? Have you managed to sort out canoes and lifts Nicky???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's   West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

West Denton Polo Comp & Sess's
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next